The surgery is taking part in the national intiative to offer consultations outside of our usual hours. These appointments are available between 18:30 – 21:00 on Thurday. They must be pre-booked with a GP, and the normal surgery services will not be available during these times. Please contact reception for further details or to arrange an appointment.
Outside Surgery Hours
For urgent appointments or difficulties with obtaining medicines outside our normal surgery hours, please call the NHS 111 NHS Emergency and Urgent Care Serivce
Information about our new service
Clarendon Medical Practice is now pleased to be able to offer the option to patients of a FaceTime® Consultation in place of a face-to-face consultation.
Patients are increasingly asking our staff to contact them via online service such as FaceTime®. As such, we are offering patients the choice of being contacted via such services in der to discuss routine matters of care. This is particularly beneficial for patients that sometimes travel long distances to attend face-to-face appointments for relatively routine matters as it will save them from having to do so.
You are under no obligation to use such services and you can still be seen in person by booking an appointment in the usual way. Consent must be sought from the parent guardian of children under the age of 16.
There are some risks associated with using such online services that you should be aware of and your awareness of these will be checked prior to beginning an online consultation.
These risks are set out in summary below:
- Such online services transmit data across the internet in an encrypted format; whilst this is a reasonably secure means of sending data, it is by no means 100% secure.
- Poor quality internet connections can often interfere with the quality of the video conference.
- Some of the free services offered by FaceTime® not governed by a contract service level agreement. We cannot therefore make any warrantees guarantees as to the quality security of the service.
These risks can be somewhat reduced by :
- Ensuring that FaceTime® is not used to discuss matters that are particularly personal, confidential or sensitive in nature to you.
- Ensuring that you discuss personal, confidential and/or sensitive matters in a private space (i.e. where the conversation cannot be heard).
In order to book online consultations please follow the instructions below:
Booking a FaceTime® Appointment
- Please speak to a receptionist and ask to book a FaceTime® consultation. Alternatively you may book into a routine consultation slot using our online services platform but please indicate in the details box that you require a FaceTime® consultation.
- Give the receptionist your FaceTime® telephone number/details. If you book your consultation online please insert your FaceTime® number in the details box.
- Be available online at your booked time. At the time of consultation the GP will attempt to contact you for a video consultation via FaceTime®. If you are not available or do not answer they will attempt to contact you once further via a normal telephone appointment.
NB – the doctor will contact you as close as possible to your appointment time, but may ring slightly before or after this time as delays are inevitable in healthcare. It would be reasonable to expect the doctor to ring within 30 mins of your appointment time.
If you have any queries regarding this service please speak to a receptionist or member of our management team.